- Kamya Punjabi on Pratyusha Banerjee’s short film controversy: I will go to jail without fear
- Haven’t received any legal notice to not screen Pratyusha Banerjee’s film, from Rahul Raj Singh: Kamya Punjabi
- Had Rahul Raj Singh loved Pratyusha Banerjee, he wouldn’t have created controversy around her film: Kamya Punjabi
Rahul Raj Singh, the boyfriend of deceased television actress Pratyusha Banerjee, was discharged from a hospital in Kandivali on Saturday, after being there for two weeks.
“Today morning, a psychiatrist came and examined him. He said that the patient was much better and could come back, if required, on OPD basis,” said Dr Santosh Goel of Shree Sai Hospital in Kandivali East.
- Pratyusha Banerjee case: Rahul likely to be discharged from hospital today
- Pratyusha Banerjee's mother writes to Maharashtra CM, wants crime branch probe
- Pratyusha Banerjee suicide: Rahul Raj's lawyer withdraws from case
- Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend Rahul Singh booked for abetment to suicide
- Pratyusha Banerjee death: Police to question boyfriend after his discharge from hospital
- Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend admitted to hospital
Singh, an actor and event manager, was admitted to the hospital on April 3 with a complaint of chest pain and depression. Dr Goel had said earlier that Singh had suicidal thoughts and needed extended hospitalisation and rest.
“He used to mutter at night. But his health has now improved and we allowed him to leave today,” she added.
Singh, who has been booked for abetting the suicide of Banerjee, has been granted interim protection from arrest till April 18 by the Bombay High Court.
On April 1, Singh had found the door of the apartment he had been sharing with Banerjee locked from inside. He had asked a servant to enter the apartment from the balcony, and after getting inside the apartment, he had found Banerjee hanging from the ceiling fan with a dupatta. He has been accused by Banerjee’s parents of physically assaulting her and misusing money in her bank account as well as forbidding her from contacting her family.