Weaving units in the powerloom sector may get electricity at ‘competitive prices’ as Union Power Ministry will discuss the matter with the states with a view to providing a level-playing field to such units. Power Minister Piyush Goyal today gave assurance in this regard to Textiles Minister Smriti Irani at a meeting today, an official source said. “The Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal will discuss providing a level-playing field to the units in powerloom sector with state governments. If they (states) agree, the decision may be soon be implemented,” a senior official who was present in the meeting told PTI.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Goyal discussed power tariff and other issues faced by the powerloom sector in the meeting with Irani here.
In a tweet, Irani thanked Goyal for “assuring support in providing power at competitive prices to the weaving units in powerloom sector”.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“It was also decided that textiles industry associations will prepare a report in conjunction with the Government on technology upgradation for the powerloom sector,” the official said.
The meeting also had representatives from the textiles industry.
“Powerloom is lifeline of textile sector. Technology upgradation for the powerloom sector could be a gamechanger for the entire industry,” Confederation of Indian Textile Industry Secretary General Binoy Job said.