Apparently unable to cope with poverty, a couple allegedly committed suicide by consuming pesticide in a remote seaside village of Odisha’s Kendrapara district, police said Tuesday. The deceased were identified as Prasant Kumar Swain (36) and his wife Sabita Swain (30). They are survived by two daughters aged eight and six years.
Prasant, hailing from Gokhakhati village under Mahakalpada police station area, was a landless daily wage earner and had migrated to Koraput last year in search of daily wage. A couple of days back, he returned home to see his ailing wife.
They allegedly consumed pesticide Monday. “From preliminary investigation, it is apparent that poverty was the reason that led the couple to end their lives. However, police are further investigating to ascertain any other ground of the incident. Police have seized pesticide bottle from the house,” Inspector of Mahakalpada police station, Biranchi Bag, said. The bodies were sent for postmortem.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know