A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi snubbed him for attacks on top policy makers, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Subramanian Swamy, who is in the eye of a storm on Tuesday quoted Lord Krishna, tweeting a small change in one parameter effects changes in all variables.
“The world is in general equilibrium. A small change in one parameter effects changes in all variables. So Krishna advised: Sukh Dukhe…,” Subramanian Swamy tweeted.
The comment from the BJP leader came after Prime Minister Modi in an interview to a television channel described Swamy’s tirade against outgoing Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan and others as “inappropriate”.
- IIT-Delhi opposes govt’s nudge to settle pay dispute with Subramanian Swamy
- Rahul Gandhi’s statement on becoming PM immature, says Subramanian Swamy
- Fake news like cancer, needs surgery: Subramanian Swamy
- Government nudges IIT Delhi to settle dispute with Subramanian Swamy
- Adani ‘biggest NPA trapeze artiste’, says Subramanian Swamy; group clarifies position
- Swamy tweets again: Suspends demand for Arvind Subramanian’s sacking, but with conditions
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, without naming Swamy, said “such things are inappropriate… the nation won’t benefit from such publicity stunts… anyone who believes he is bigger than the system is wrong”.
“If anybody considers himself above the system, it is wrong. This fondness for publicity is never going to do any good to the nation,” Prime Minister Modi said when asked about comments by a “Rajya Sabha MP” against top officials.
Responding to a poser on “hot heads who make extreme comments”, the Prime Minister said the media should ignore such people.
“Don’t make them heroes, they will stop,” he said.
Swamy has in the past few days been attacking the RBI Governor, Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian and Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das.
Swamy has also indirectly targeted Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who disapproved of the attacks and backed the officials.