A police jawan was on Tuesday hacked to death by Naxals in Chhattisgarh’s insurgency-hit Bijapur district, a top official said. According to preliminary information, a group of four-five unidentified ultras attacked assistant constable Lakhmu Telam (35), killing him on the spot, Bijapur Additional Superintendent of Police Mohit Garg told PTI.
The incident took place at Nemed village market under Jangla police station limits around 3.30 pm, he said. After getting the news, a police team was rushed to the spot.
A native of Vijay Nagar in Bijapur district, Telam was posted with the District Reserve Group of police. He was on leave since October 7, the ASP said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A combing operation was launched in the region to nab the assailants, he said.