A police officer and a security guard at a power plant were found dead under mysterious circumstances in Poonch and Ramban districts of Jammu and Kashmir today.
Sher Khan, Inspector of Jammu and Kashmir Armed Police, was found dead in Mendhar belt of Poonch district today, a police officer said.
A case has been registered, he said, adding, initial investigation showed he suffered a heart attack.
- Smartphone overindulgence blamed for weapons snatching in JK; on-duty sentries banned from using it
- Jammu: Three CRPF personnel suspended after woman alleges illegal confinement, rape by one of them
- J&K cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- J-K: Minor raped in Poonch district
- J&K: Army personnel arrested for alleged abduction bid on minor in Poonch
- J-K: Pakistan resorts to firing, shelling along LoC in Rajouri, Jammu
In a separate incident, Ramesh Chander, working as a security guard with Baglihar Power Project, was found dead
in his room in Chanderkote belt of Ramban district, a police officer said.
A case has been registered in this regard, he said, adding that the deceased belonged to Garwal belt of Uttarakhand.