Delhi Police on Friday filed a charge sheet against a man in a court in New Delhi for murdering a 21-year-old woman by stabbing her 22 times on a busy road in New Delhi in front of several onlookers last month. The charge sheet was filed before a link magistrate who fixed the matter for on Saturday before the court concerned for the purpose of taking cognisance.
34-year-old Surender Singh, who was arrested on September 20 was named in the charge sheet for the offence of murder under section 302 of the IPC. The accused is currently under judicial custody. The brutal murder, which was captured in CCTV camera, took place on September 20 when Karuna Kumar, a teacher in a North Delhi school, was going for her work, police said, adding that Surender had been stalking her for over 18 months.
Police said Karuna, along with her cousin Neha, was on her way to work when Surender attacked her with a pair of scissors near Labour Chowk in Burari. As Surender caught Karuna off guard and plunged the single blade of scissors in her body, a man rushed to stop him but soon backed off fearing attack on himself.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Within about three minutes, Surender had stabbed Karuna 22 times, as onlookers kept away, it said. Neha told police that she was also threatened by Surender and had to back off but she kept shouting for help. The victim was taken to Sushruta Trauma Centre in Civil Lines where she was declared brought dead. The accused was beaten up by the locals, who caught him and handed him over to the police. He was arrested and a case of murder under section 302 IPC was lodged against him.
Surender, son of a retired Delhi Police sub-inspector, is going through divorce proceedings and has two kids.