Om Puri lent his support to Pakistani artists saying that they come to India on Visa, not illegally.
A police complaint was lodged against actor Om Puri for allegedly insulting Army jawans with his remark during a TV debate. The complaint was filed at the Andheri police station in Mumbai.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
65-year-old Puri attended a debate on a national news channel during which he firmly backed the artistes from the other side of the border and said that he would continue to work with them.
As the anchor quizzed the veteran actor on his thoughts on continuous proxy war on the part of Pakistan, he retorted and said, “Ask the government to cancel their visas.”
To a question on the slain jawan during the Baramulla attack, Puri said “who had asked him to join Army?”
Andheri police station received application; enquiry is on: Mumbai Police PRO Ashok Dudhe on Om Puri controversy pic.twitter.com/SKhh5oZSvr
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 4, 2016
When asked as to why he is supporting Salman Khan’s statement on Pakistani actors being “artistes not terrorists,” Puri replied, “You want India-Pakistan to be turned into Israel and Palestine and indulge in a fight for centuries.”
“It is not merely a division of the country; it is the partition of families. Our country houses 22 crore Muslims and they have their relatives on the other side and vice versa. India has the second largest population of Muslims in the world,” he said.