Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit his parliamentary constituency Varanasi on October 24 and lay foundation stone for the ‘Urja Ganga’ project, aimed at providing piped natural gas (PNG) to all the households in the city.
Watch What Else is Making News
He is also scheduled to lay the foundation stone for the doubling of Varanasi-Allahabad rail track and electrification of the Varanasi-Allahabad rail section and will dedicate to the nation a dual rail engine that runs on both electricity as well as diesel. The special engine has been manufactured in Diesel Locomotives Works (DLW), Varanasi, BJP functionaries said.
Meanwhile, BJP workers have launched a cleanliness drive in the city ahead of Modi’s visit even as Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha and Union Minister of State for Human Resource and Development Mahendra Nath Pandey have set camp here to oversee preparations for the PM’s visit.
Officials of Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), who flanked Pradhan, said Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav have been invited for the foundation laying ceremony of ‘Urja Ganga’ project.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Modi during his visit may even lay the foundation stone for a road project worth Rs 468 crore for four-laning of Phoolawaria road that will pass from Cantonment area in Varanasi.
He may also release a special stamp, dedicating to this ancient city-Varanasi during his visit.
According to ADM (Protocol), Vidya Sagar Singh, Prime Minister Modi will fly from Mahoba by a special Indian Army helicopter on October 24, which will land at the Dereka helipad around 3:55 PM. From there he will head straightway to the main venue at Dereka Inter college ground to lay the foundation stone for the various projects.
High security has been put in place ahead of the PM’s visit, he said.
After attending the function, Modi will leave for the airport by road the same day from the venue at around 5:20 PM after spending nearly over two hours in the city.
He will leave for Delhi by a special aircraft from the Lal Bahadur Shastri International airport at Babatpur here.
BJP workers have launched a cleanliness drive in the city ahead of the PM’s visit and special arrangements have been made at the venue, where a large number of party workers along with local public will participate in the function, said Sanjay Bhardwaj, BJP’s Varanasi as well as eastern UP Media in charge.