As part of efforts to spread the message of BJP ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyay in his birth centenary year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will tomorrow launch a series of works dedicated to the philosophy of the former Jana Sangh chief. The 15-volume work highlights key events in the life of Upadhyay, the journey of Jana Sangh and of the country includes watershed events like the 1965 Indo-Pakistan war, Tashkent agreement, and Goa’s liberation.
The penultimate volume records events leading up to the murder of Upadhyay soon after he became Jana Sangh chief in 1967. The collection “The Complete Works of Deendayal Upadhyaya” collated from varied sources contains writings, speeches, intellectual discourses and dialogues of Upadhyaya, who pioneered the philosophy of Integral Humanism.
Brought out by the Research and Development Foundation for integral Humanism and Prabhat Publications and edited by Mahesh Chandra Sharma, the works throw light on critical analysis and approach to resolving the contemporary problems based on the template of Indianness or Bharatiyata, as propounded by Upadhyay.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
“The entire literature of Pt.Deendayal Upadhyaya has now been published. Although much delayed, as it comes after five decades of his passing away, the publication of The Complete Works of Deendayal Upadhyaya, in his birth centenary year of 2016 is a momentous occasion,” Sharma said.
He said each volume features a dedicated preface written by a dignitary and is dedicated to important personalities whose biographical sketches have also been featured.
The 15 volumes are dedicated to as many important personalities who had served the nation in many meaningful ways; their biographical sketches, also included in these volumes, highlight key events from their lives.
The introductory volume contains literature from 1940s and writings of Upadhyaya as Sangh Pracharak during the decade in which India attained Independence.It is dedicated to MS Golwalkar, second RSS chief and prefaced by Sangh’s sitting chief Mohan Bhagwat.
The second volume deals with 1951, 1952 and 1953 during which Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS) was founded, first general elections held and First Five-Year Plan prepared.
Dedicated to Syama Prasad Mookerjee, the volume is prefaced by Anirban Ganguly, Director, Dr.Syama Prasad Mookerjee Research Foundation.
While the third volume covers 1954 and 1955 dominated by the Liberation of Goa, the fourth covers 1956 and 1957 when states were reorganised.
This volume is dedicated to Premnath Dogra, President of BJS and founder of Praja Parishad in Jammu and Kashmir. Other volumes record Upadhyay’s life events until his death in 1967.
In between, the works cover landmark occurrences in history including the Chinese invasion of Tibet in 1959, the 1962 Indo-China war and the 1965 Indo-Pakistan war.
The 12th volume dealing with India’s victory over Pakistan in 1965 has been dedicated to the then Sarkaryavah of RSS Prabhakar Balwant Dani.
The collection also comprises a dedicated volume on 1966, when Veer Savarkar passed away and when the agitation against cow slaughter gained strength.
Other volumes record important developments in India’s politics including the end of one party monopoly in 1967 and 1968 when Upadhyaya was elected President of BJS.He was soon murdered.
The works also reveal reasons why leaders of the time considered the formation of Jana Sangh important.
The BJP had on September 25, the birth anniversary of Upadhyay, in Kozhikode called for the celebration of Pandit Upadhyay’s birth centenary year as the year of the welfare of the downtrodden across the country.