Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid homage to veteran leader Babu Jagjivan Ram on his death anniversary.
“I bow to the great Babu Jagjivan Ram ji on his Punya Tithi. He constantly worked for the welfare of the underprivileged & marginalised,” he
I bow to the great Babu Jagjivan Ram ji on his Punya Tithi. He constantly worked for the welfare of the underprivileged & marginalised.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 6, 2016
A host of dignitaries and common man are paying their respects to the great freedom fighter and administrator at Samta Sthal near Rajghat in the national capital.
- Highlights – Mahatma Gandhi death anniversary: President Kovind, PM Modi pay tribute at Rajghat on Martyrs’ Day
- Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi pay tributes to Lal Bahadur Shastri
- PM Modi pays tributes to Savitribai Phule on birth anniversary
- PM Modi, others pay tribute to Sardar Patel on his 68th death anniversary
- Babu Jagjivan Ram’s birth anniversary: PM Modi, VP Hamid Ansari remember the Dalit leader
- Nation Remembers Babu Jagjivan Ram Today
Throughout his political carrier spanning over 50 years, Jagjivan Ram strove for a just and egalitarian society.
His political legacy reminds us of the fervour, idealism and indomitable spirit of India’s political leadership that not only fought and won freedom for the country but also led the firm foundation for a modern democratic polity.