Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid homage to veteran leader Babu Jagjivan Ram on his death anniversary.
“I bow to the great Babu Jagjivan Ram ji on his Punya Tithi. He constantly worked for the welfare of the underprivileged & marginalised,” he
I bow to the great Babu Jagjivan Ram ji on his Punya Tithi. He constantly worked for the welfare of the underprivileged & marginalised.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 6, 2016
A host of dignitaries and common man are paying their respects to the great freedom fighter and administrator at Samta Sthal near Rajghat in the national capital.
- Man shot dead during loot bid in Tanzania, says family
- Depleted South Africa not taking Bangladesh lightly
- The Theatre of War
- Yashwant-led panel asks govt to start Kashmir talks
- Pro Kabaddi League 2017: Tamil Thalaivas edge Gujarat Fortunegiants 35-34 in Delhi
- GST, economic slowdown hit Durga Puja sponsorships: Organisers
Throughout his political carrier spanning over 50 years, Jagjivan Ram strove for a just and egalitarian society.
His political legacy reminds us of the fervour, idealism and indomitable spirit of India’s political leadership that not only fought and won freedom for the country but also led the firm foundation for a modern democratic polity.