Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the 6-year-old girl on Saturday who had written to him seeking help for her heart surgery owing to poor financial condition of her family.
The PMO responded promptly and arranged help for Vaishali Yadav, who needed surgery for a hole in her heart, through the Pune district administration. She was operated upon successfully earlier in June at a city hospital.
On Saturday, Vaishali got the opportunity to meet Modi, who was in Pune to launch projects under the Smart City mission.
- IBPS Clerk 2017: Apply by October 3, know eligibility, exam pattern and other details here
- Tropical Storm Pilar skirts Mexico coast with rain and wind
- Bigg Boss Tamil: Suja Varunee gets evicted, Kamal Haasan asks people to vote carefully
- FIFA U-17 World Cup big opportunity for youth, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- WWE No Mercy: John Cena to retire from WWE following Roman Reigns loss?
- Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar, Gauri Khan and Shweta Nanda pose for their own VOGUE cover
Pratap Yadav, her uncle, later told reporters that the PM offered her a chocolate and spoke to her a few sentences in Marathi.
The Prime Minister tweeted a photograph of his meeting with the little girl later.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 25, 2016
“After her surgery, Vaishali wrote a touching letter to me, which will remain etched in my memory…glad we were able to help this little girl,” the Prime Minister said.