Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated the newly built war memorial- Shaurya Samarak- in Bhopal. Emphasising upon the major role played by the security forces in the protection of the country and also of humanity he addressed a group of ex-servicemen. “It is my privilege that I have the opportunity to pay my tributes to our brave soldiers here on this historic day,” he said.
He went on to stress upon the work done by the Indian Army as part of rescue operations in case of natural disasters and also as part of peacekeeping force. He also announced that the government has decided to give skill development training to soldiers in last year of service so that they doesn’t have to struggle for jobs.
Here are top quotes from PM Modi’s address in Bhopal:
1. When we talk about our soldiers, it is mostly about their uniform, their valour but we must also see them as an example of humanity.
2. During floods in Srinagar, army men extended their help for the rescue and relief operation in the area. While extending help, my soldiers did not for once think that these are the same people who pelt stones at them.
3. India is one of the biggest contributors to the UN peacekeeping forces
4. While rescuing Indians in Yemen, Indian army also rescued a few Pakistanis, this is the example of humanity of our Indian army.
WATCH VIDEO: PM Narendra Modi Optimistic About BRICS Summit: Here’s What He Said
5. About 1.5 lakhs Indian soldiers fought and lost their lives during the two World Wars. World must never forget this.
6. Hindustan ka itihaas is baat ka gawah hai ki humare purvajon ne kisi ki ek inch zameen ko apna banane ke liye jhagda nahi kiya hai: PM Modi
7. Like our army doesn’t say but displays its valour, similarly our Defence Minister also doesn’t speak
8. Shaurya Smarak is a Tirtha Sthan for us and for our coming generations.
9. Govt decided to give skill development training to soldiers in last year of service so that they doesn’t have to struggle for jobs.
10. In some countries whenever people see jawans at airports or railway stations, they stand up and applause, we should also adopt this.
11. Our effort is to make India self-reliant in defence production. I am sure a day will come when we will also export weapons.
12. When I said our Army does not believe in speaking, critics would say Modi is sleeping, is doing nothing.
13. We have fulfilled the promise of OROP despite huge burden; other govts only made tall claims but never fulfilled them.