In his reply to the President’s joint address to both Houses of Parliament, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday hit back at the Opposition, alleging that they were unable to accept his government’s performance and were only out to miscredit his government.
Modi urged opposition leaders to let the House function so that the voice of the nation be represented rightfully.
Here are his top quotes:
* Accountability needs to be increased. And I can’t do this by myself. I am new, you (opposition) are experienced and I need your support.
* It is necessary that executives need to be accountable. No one is less than the Prime Minister
* In 14 years, I have learned to live with criticism
* Mai kaise keh sakta hoon rail maine shuru ki? Aap keh sakte hain, aap toh kuch bhi keh sakte hain ( How can I say I started the rail? You can tell, You can tell anything).
- Top 10 quotes from PM Modi's Lok Sabha speech: 'There is something very special about Jan Shakti'
- Have information proving personal corruption by PM Modi: Rahul Gandhi's top quotes
- Top quotes from PM Narendra Modi's speech in Rajya Sabha
- LIVE: Our focus on transparency in governance, says PM Modi
- LIVE: Nothing inflammatory in Katheria's speech, says Rajnath Singh in Rajya Sabha
- Lalit Modi row: Congress leads Opp boycott of all-party meet; PM Modi tells MPs world watching
* Opposition doesn’t let us speak out of an inferiority complex, so that the nation can’t see our views and skills.
* Kharge ji ne kaha ki MNREGA mein bahaut bhrashtachaar hai, mai unse 1000% sehmat hoon (Mr. Kharge said MNREGA has corruption and I am 1000% agreeable to it).
* ‘Make In India’ is being mocked by few people. ‘Make in India’ is for India
* No one will deny that if Congress would have helped the poor in 60 years, the poor wouldn’t still be facing trouble.
* 60 saal kay aapke karobaar ka ye parinaam hain-humne toilets banae kyunki aapne nahin banaye (This is the result of 60 years of your business, we made the toilets since you didn’t).
* Kuch logon ki umar toh badhti hai, lekin samajh nahi badhti (Some people grow old in age, but they don’t mature).
* Opposition ko chinta iss baat ki hai ki “tum humse accha kaam kaise kar rahe ho”? (The Opposition is worried about how we are doing better work than them).
* We can also set a time where only first time MPs can speak. This will bring a fresh perspective to the proceedings
* March 8 is International Women’s Day and maybe that day only women members should speak in Parliament.