PM Narendra Modi calls on citizens to send messages to jawans this Diwali

As part of the campaign, the Prime Minister has shared through social media, a special video, featuring his appeal to the people to send messages to the brave Armed Forces personnel.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Published:October 23, 2016 11:06 am
narendra modi, pm modi, indian foreign policy, india economic policy, india economic advantage, international relations, bilateral relations, modi government, foreign policy, make in india, digital india, smart cities, clean india, clean ganga, GST, UPA government, NDA, SAARC, BRICS summit, FDI, GDP, indian express opinion Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Source: PTI)

Amid heightened tension on the border, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched a campaign through which people can send their Diwali greetings and messages to soldiers guarding the nation’s frontiers to boost their morale. People can send messages under the #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign on the Narendra Modi App, through MyGov.in, and also through All India Radio. Doordarshan shall also be mounting a programme to share people’s emotions with the Armed Forces.

The Prime Minister, who is leading the campaign, said in a tweet, “I sent my #Sandesh2Soldiers. You could also do the same. Your wishes will certainly make our forces very happy. This Diwali, let us remember our courageous armed forces who constantly protect our Nation. Jai Hind,” he said. “When 1.25 crore people stand with the soldiers, their power increases by 1.25 crore times,” the Prime Minister said.

Watch What Else is Making News

Within hours, the video has generated tremendous interest on platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.The great respect and admiration that the nation has for our Armed Forces, will find expression this festive season, through the campaign being led by the Prime Minister, the PMO said in a release. A special module has been launched on the Narendra Modi App, which enables people to send greetings or their hand-written messages to the Armed Forces.

The #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign is expected to generate increased interaction between the people and the Armed Forces. The campaign comes against the backdrop of the surgical strikes carried out by the Army on terror launch pads in PoK and the heightened border tension.

Earlier this month, at an event in Bhopal, the Prime Minister had focused on the human element of the jawans. His appeal to people to applaud jawans when they meet them, has also created a buzz on social media. This is not the first time that Modi is focusing on the armed forces. He spent his last two Diwalis as the Prime Minister with the Army.

sneha
    May 28, 2017 at 9:59 am
    sir please do something for your students if they get p or fail in there examination then they will take bad dis. for there life in this case they will suicide case too much student`s do suicide please do something for those student`s who get fail if they get fail it don`t mean the doing masti and all there mind did`nt work in studies otherwise they arey strong with there health they are good in sports etc expt. studies sir you can take good ds. for those student please sir 2017
    parveen
    Apr 12, 2017 at 11:46 pm
    sir.aap plz legal system fast kijiye.we r fail in this field.jis desh ka kanoon kamjor ho waha development ka koi matlab nahi h. sab hamare legal systum ka majaak banaate h.aap personelly law minister and judges ko man ki baat me request kijiye ki wo hard and fast dicison le.kanoon peedit ko nyay dilaane ke liye na ki mujrimo ko bachane ke liye.aap log. minister beurocrated vip area me rahte aapko nahi pata gareeb ko nyay me deri se uske kya haalat hoti h.plz sir aap kuch kijiye.our govt.fail to improove legal system pls aap kuch kare.jai mahan bharat
  3. T
    Tarak Mehta
    Jan 18, 2017 at 5:23 am
    I am an NRI...I have kept around close to one lakh rupees in my apartment safe where my old mother lives alone. Was following all the commotion, but didn't make a trip to India as yet as my annual trip is due next month..now with this new rule which seems to suggest that I can exchange only upto 25000 rupees and that too if I have a custom certification that I bought the money from abroad. For Rs 25000 , I have to spend Rs 1 lakh on return ticket plus expenses. Why can't indian govt. allow at least 1 lakh rupees limit plus allow for third party so no one feel helpless. just to allow 25000 rupees is does not make sense at all. please Sir do something and help NRI's to save their hard earned money . Jai hind
  4. T
    Tarak Mehta
    Jan 18, 2017 at 5:21 am
    I am an NRI...I have kept around close to one lakh rupees in my apartment safe where my old mother lives alone. Was following all the commotion, but didn't make a trip to India as yet as my annual trip is due next month..now with this new rule which seems to suggest that I can exchange only upto 25000 rupees and that too if I have a custom certification that I bought the money from abroad..For Rs 25000 , I have to spend Rs 1 lakh on return ticket plus expenses. Why can't indian govt. allow at least 1 lakh rupees limit plus allow for third party so no one feel helpless. just to allow 25000 rupees is does not make sense at all. please sir help us .lt;br/gt;Jai hind .
  5. L
    Laxman singh
    Feb 19, 2017 at 5:14 am
    Sir mera Nam laxman Singh sir mujhe aapki help chahiye mere gle m problem h ghar m Akela kmane Bala hult;br/gt;Sir m jina chahta hu pls sir mera ilaj ho sake plas help melt;br/gt;9450754480. 9651315253lt;br/gt;Mera no hai
  6. V
    Vivek
    Feb 5, 2017 at 3:33 am
    Dear modi sir. Mera naam vivek ha mai (h.p) palampur she belong krta ha ...mai apse help schahta hu mai ek ladke se pyar krta hu or bo bhi krti ha ...laken sir ladke ke ghar bale uske shadi kese govt job bale se krna shahte ha ..laken mai free hu koi job ni ha 10 2 p or iti me ha sir apse ek request ha ke muje koi govt job dela do chahe safai kyo ni krni pde ma kr luga laken muje mera pyar toh mil jayega sir help me....