Shiv Sena on Friday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s plan to celebrate Dussehra in Lucknow will not yield the BJP any political benefits in poll-bound UP, which may go on to repeat a Bihar for them. Breaking from tradition, PM Modi will attend the historic Aishbagh Ramlila at Lucknow on Dussehra next week. Usually, Prime Ministers have celebrated this festival in the national capital.
“The Opposition is scared that if Modi visits UP, there will be a political atmosphere created there. But Modi should visit Lucknow and announce that he has not come there to reap any political gains but to announce the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya,” the Sena said in an editorial in party mouthpiece ‘Saamana’.
“During the polls, the BJP in Bihar had put at stake Modi’s image and had got the entire Council of ministers at the Centre to campaign for the party. Yet, the party was decimated. If this fact is taken into consideration, there will be no reason to believe the party will reap any political benefits out of Modi’s Lucknow event,” the Sena said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Suppose the BJP wins some seats in UP at a time when the Congress is already crippled, Mayawati’s BSP does not have a future and the SP is busy with its family feud, will such a victory be called a (real) win, the Sena questioned.
It added that after the surgical strikes, Modi’s next target would be to get hold of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) and Balochistan.
“We would not be surprised if he celebrates the next Diwali in Balochistan,” the Sena said.