Praising the “bravery and determination of our men and women on the ground”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Pathankot airbase Saturday and expressed “satisfaction” over the “tactical response” of the security forces in eliminating the terrorists who attacked the IAF facility.
At the airbase, the Prime Minister was briefed about the attack and the security measures put in place in its wake. Accompanied by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Modi was briefed by IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha and National Security Guard officers. Sources said the presentation included maps, aerial pictures and operational photographs. Army chief General Dalbir Singh and chiefs of the NSG and BSF were also present.
The Prime Minister’s Office tweeted about his visit: “Noted with satisfaction the decision-making & its execution, the considerations that went into our tactical response. Also noted coordination among various field units. Lauded bravery & determination of our men & women on the ground. They are our pride.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Modi went around the airbase and was shown the cache of weapons and ammunition recovered from the slain terrorists. He also went to the Military Engineering Service yard where the terrorists were first engaged by security forces.
He later undertook an aerial survey of the forward positions along the Indo-Pakistan border.
In New Delhi, the Congress said the Prime Minister’s visit to the airbase had been relegated to a “photo op”. AICC communication department chief Randeep Surjewala told reporters: “Need of the hour is to ensure action by Pakistan against Jaish-e-Mohammad, a through review of internal security safeguards and affixing responsibility for security lapses. We hope Modiji will inform the nation about action taken on these issues.”
[with PTI inputs]