Prime Minister Narendra Modi will confer excellence in journalism awards, including ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award’ to veteran journalist S. Nihal Singh on the occasion of National Press Day Wednesday. Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu and Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajayvardhan Rathore will also attend the event in the national capital, which also coincides with Golden Jubilee of Press Council of India.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Delegation from a number of countries like Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka will also attend the function, while Afghanistan and Bhutan are expected to be represented by their embassies since they do not have press/media council.
However, Pakistan is likely to skip the function amid the
tension between the two nations.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Along with rest of the country, the National Press Day is being celebrated in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
As part of the celebration, a series of activities and programmes have been scheduled by the Department of information, Publicity and Tourism.
A media tour has been organized for the media persons to North and Middle Andaman District.
Media persons from Port Blair will visit various locations of the District and assess the developmental activities.
Interaction sessions will also be organized for media persons and the residents of the area.
In Port Blair, the small newspapers associations will organize a programme in the evening.