Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid his tributes to Jan Sangh founder Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his 115th birth anniversary.
- Working with India to take ties forward post-Dokalam, says China
- Kurd referendum: Turkey plans security steps over Iraqi Kurdish vote
- Martin Scorsese to launch internet course in filmmaking
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte says he became local millionaire due to inheritance
- U-17 World Cup opened the door for my professional career, says Ronaldinho
- Village Shahanshahpur, that gave 'shelter' to Humayun, plays host to PM Narendra Modi
The Prime Minister took to twitter to pay his tributes.
“On his birth anniversary, my tributes to Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee. We remember with pride his rich contribution towards India’s history,” he tweeted.
Born in Calcutta on July 6, 1901, Mookerjee served as a cabinet minister under then-prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru, before quitting the Congress party and founding the Jan Sangh.