Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid his tributes to Jan Sangh founder Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his 115th birth anniversary.
- Twitterati pay tribute to Indira Gandhi on her 100th birth anniversary
- PM Modi pays tribute to former PM Indira Gandhi on her birth centenary
- Ex-FTII chief Gajendra Chauhan to play Syama Prasad
- Children's Day 2017: PM Modi, Venkaiah Naidu and other leaders wish children on the occasion
- PM Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on her 33rd death anniversary
- Seeds of separatism rising again, says Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi
The Prime Minister took to twitter to pay his tributes.
“On his birth anniversary, my tributes to Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee. We remember with pride his rich contribution towards India’s history,” he tweeted.
Born in Calcutta on July 6, 1901, Mookerjee served as a cabinet minister under then-prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru, before quitting the Congress party and founding the Jan Sangh.