Prime Minister Narendra Modi today paid rich tributes to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his birth anniversary, saying generations of Indians remember him for his bravery and patriotism.
“Remembering Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his birth anniversary. His bravery and patriotism endears him to several Indians across generations,” he tweeted.
The Prime Minister chose this day to declassify secret files relating to Netaji with a view of throwing some light on his mysterious disappearance.
- On Netaji's 120th birth anniversary, PM Modi pays tribute, makes classified files available on website
- NAI to release 25 declassified Netaji files every month
- Netaji files: BJP trying to create conflict between different ideologies, says Nitish
- PM Modi to release digital copies of 100 files on Netaji tomorrow
- Process of declassifying Netaji files to begin on January 23: PM Modi
- President Pranab Mukherjee and PM Narendra Modi pay tribute to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
Modi said, “Today is a special day for all Indians. Declassification of Netaji files starts today.”
The Prime Minister also put out a proclamation issued by Netaji in 1944 asking Indians to fulfill their ‘duty’ in liberating India.
Paying tributes to Netaji, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said, “I bow to ‘Netaji’ Subhash Chandra Bose on his birth anniversary today. He is one of the greatest heroes of India’s freedom struggle.”
BJP President Amit Shah also remembered Netaji on his anniversary, saying, “My tributes to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, who inspired innumerable youth with his bravery, courage and patriotism.”