Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today again accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of “working” for “top class” industrialists, who had “supported” him during the election.
“Modi has waived Rs 1.10 lakh crore of 15 industrialists because they supported him during the election,” he alleged, adding you (Modi) are the prime minister of the entire country and not just of industrialists.
Watch what else is making news
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Addressing a public gathering here during his Kisan Yatra, he demanded waiver of farmers’ loans, reduction in power tariffs by 50 per cent and increase in support prices of produce of farmers.
Accusing Modi of not fulfilling his promises, Rahul asked, “Has Rs 15 lakh been transferred to your account? Has he kept his promise of providing jobs to two crore unemployed youths every year?”
“The Congress, during its regime, waived of Rs 70,000 crore loans of farmers,” he said.
“Because employment scheme MGNREGA of the UPA government was stopped and loan of the farmers are not being waived off, the market is at almost stand still,” he claimed.
“During the UPA rule crude oil rates were at 140 dollar per barrel and now it is only 40 dollar per barrel. The huge balance due to difference in crude rates are kept in the government’s account and it can be utilised for various people oriented schemes,” he said.
Demanding more pay for all three wings of the armed forces, Rahul said, “All three wings of the forces have rejected an offer given to them under 7 th Pay Commission. Apart from the armed forces the paramilitary forces should also be given higher pay.”
He claimed that the RSS and BJP are creating differences on basis of caste and creed while Congress works toward uniting the country.
“Every citizen, irrespective of cast, creed and colour must feel that the country is his, and he can transform his dreams into reality,” he added.