Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the first time commented on the feud within the Samajwadi Party’s first family to attack the ruling party in Uttar Pradesh and to claim that it was not concerned about solving people’s problems. Talking about the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, PM Modi said: “If the feud has settled down and you have time left to be concerned about the poor, then Uttar Pradesh government should implement Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in the state.”
Watch What Else Is Making News
Modi also said that the Centre was ready to bear the expenses, but he did not expect the UP government to implement the scheme as it had no interest in redressing the problems of the people.
Pointing out that sludge in Gandak canal was preventing water from reaching fields for irrigation, Modi said that despite several communications from the Centre offering financial support under MNREGA, the UP government was not initiating action to remove silt from the canal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He added that de-silting was not about politics but about helping the farmers.
The venue of Modi’s rally, Kushinagar, lies in a region known for sugarcane cultivation. As the Prime Minister spoke about problems faced by sugarcane farmers in the region, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath in his speech said that out of 31 sugar mills, 21 had closed down while the state was being ruled by the SP and the BSP.
Pointing out that in 2014-15, mill owners owed money to farmers, the PM said that when the sugar mill owners met him and requested for a package, the government decided that money will be transferred to the accounts of farmers and not given to mill owners.