Known for making controversial remarks, senior Uttar Pradesh minister Mohd Azam Khan Saturday plumbed new depths when he alleged that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had met underworld don Dawood Ibrahim in Lahore at the residence of Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif.
While BJP attacked him, even a Congress spokesperson said it cannot be believed.
“Prime Minister visited Pakistan by breaking international laws. He also met Dawood there. Let him (Modi) deny. I will give evidence. Who all did he meet behind closed doors?” Khan said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said besides Sharif, his mother, his wife and daughters, Dawood Ibrahim was also present when Modi met them at the Pakistan Prime Minister’s residence when he went there on December 25.
BJP’s Sudhanshu Mittal asked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to “immediately” dismiss the minister.
“If Akhilesh means business, he should immediately dismiss him for disturbing communal harmony and brining shame to the nation. I am shocked,” he said.
Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan said Khan has been in public life for a long time and he should not have made the statement without substantiating it.
“We may have differences with a lot of personalities but that does not mean we believe in whatever is said,” he said adding that Khan is the same person who asked UP policemen to trace his buffalo.