In a special gesture, Mexico President Enrique Pena Nieto on Thursday drove Prime Minister Narendra Modi to a restaurant for dinner, a Mexican vegetarian fare.
“In a very special gesture, President @EPN personally drives @narendramodi to a restaurant for Mexican vegetarian fare,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup tweeted along with a photo that showed the 49-year-old Nieto behind the wheel with Modi sitting beside him.
“Bonding over bean tacos! President @EPN and PM@narendramodi share a meal,” Swarup tweeted along with photos showing the two leaders chatting away while sitting at a table in the restaurant.
— Vikas Swarup (@MEAIndia) June 9, 2016
The two headed to a restaurant called ‘Quintonil’ to bond over vegetarian dinner.
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi; see pic
- Mexico backs India's bid to join NSG non-proliferation body; PM Modi thanks President Nieto
- PM Modi arrives in Mexico, holds restricted level talks with President Enrique Peña Nieto
- Vegetarian fare & Bollywood songs mark PM Narendra Modi's Uzbek banquet
- LIVE: PM Saikhanbileg hosts PM Narendra Modi and Delegation
- It's an all-vegetarian banquet for PM Narendra Modi in Shanghai
Earlier, Nieto also took to Twitter to welcome Modi, who flew in from Washington for a brief visit to Mexico.
“It’s an honor to welcome you to our country, PM @narendramodi. I trust that your stay in @Mexico will be both productive and pleasant,” he wrote.