Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal will inaugurate in Vadodara on Thursday the five-day ‘Switch Global Expo Summit 2016’, aimed at exploring opportunities with India’s biggest electrical networks.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will be the chief guest on the occasion. The event is being held at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Expo Centre at Darjipura village on the city outskirts.
Watch What Else is Making News
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The Summit is being organised by Federation of Gujarat Industries (FGI) along with Department of Energy and Petrochemicals, Government of Gujarat, Union Power Ministry and Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL).
This innovation and technology summit gives innovators and start-ups the opportunity to showcase ideas to India’s biggest mentors, industry leaders and venture capitalists.
Despite heavy rains lashing the city, all preparations for hosting this first ever global event in the city have been completed. Railway minister Suresh Prabhu will be opening the innovation segment on October 7.
Amit Bhatnagar, Chairman, Switch Global Expo told PTI in Vadodara on Wednesday that 1,150 Indian corporates, 102 Indian utility delegations, 95 foreign utility delegations, 30 power ministers from different states and UTs across India and 15 global delegations of power ministers are participating in the event.
The event has special sections dedicated for gadget/electronics, lighting, resale and refurbishing options and innovation. FGI is also hosting World Electrical Buyers Summit (WEBS) here at the same venue from tomorrow which is poised to be the world’s biggest business platform for international and national giants from the electrical sector.
FGI President Amit Patel said, “this event represents India’s biggest electrical ecosystem of product technologies, trends and partners which is an ideal platform for manufacturers, buyers, sellers, traders and consultants to do business like never before.”
“Around two lakh visitors are expected to visit the electrical expo venue spread in 8 lakh sqft area. The entire centre is Wi-Fi enabled and 20 mega fully air-conditioned domes have been erected, including one for the international energy conference. Energy and power ministers from 55 countries will participate in the conference,” he said.
Vadodara is the electrical and power manufacturing hub of India that is why it was the chosen venue for hosting this Summit, Patel added.
Former Gujarat Energy minister Saurabh Patel who is the brain behind this event said, “this biennial platform is aimed to rev up India’s power sector. Switch Expo has one of the widest product range seen in such expos and has the assured presence of over 8,500 key buyers and over 2,00,000 visitors. Switch Expo represents a growth opportunity unlike any other for the electrical industry.”