A 10-year-old physically challenged boy was allegedly garlanded with sandals by a teacher as a punishment for coming to school without shoes in Kandhla town of Shamli district, police said Sunday.
The incident took place at a private school, Pride Academy, in Dhangaraul area, a few kilometers away from the native village of the boy, who is a Class III student.
The boy’s father filed a police complaint alleging that the teacher garlanded him with the sandals the boy wore to the school. The father also claimed that the same teacher had misbehaved with the boy earlier as well.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“My son is physically challenged. He has a problem in movement of one of his legs and one of his arms. Due to being garlanded by sandals, he was teased by students in the van in which he comes back home.
“He keep weeping, and he has refused to go to school,” said the father, adding that the same teacher had also “seized” the bags of his children when he failed to deposit the school fee on time.
Kandhla Police Station Station House Officer Anuradha Singhal said an FIR has been lodged against the teacher and police are investigating the matter.
“Though the school authorities have denied about any such incident happening inside school premises, other students had confirmed about the child being abused in the class by the teacher,” she added.