The state vigilance bureau on Tuesday arrested an Assistant Sub Inspector in Gaya district for taking Rs 10,000 as bribe. A vigilance team caught ASI Rajendra Prasad red handed while accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a person for freeing a vehicle, a statement from vigilance bureau said in Patna.
The ASI is posted with Magadh Medical college police station in Gaya district. One Bhagwat Vishkarma had complained to the vigilance against the ASI for demanding Rs 10,000 for freeing his seized vehicle.
Watch what else is making news
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Finding the complaint true, a team of vigilance bureau under Deputy Superintendent of Police Maharaj Kanishka Kumar laid a trap and caught the ASI accepting bribe money.
He was latter produced in the vigilance court in the state capital. The Vigilance bureau statement said this was the first trap case by the bureau in the month of October this year.
In 2016, a total of 79 trap had been laid against corrupt and 86 accused arrested so far, it added.