Patna police on Saturday seized 500 cartons of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL), valued at about Rs 70 lakh, from a godown in rural Patna. Acting on a tip-off received by Patna Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj, a team from Fatuha police station raided a godown and seized 500 cartons of liquor, a statement from the SSP’s office said.
The seized liquor was meant for illegal trade by a jailed former liquor supplier, Anil Kumar, in Fatuha, Mokamaha, Barh and Bakhtiyarpur regions, it said.
Kumar is in jail for illegally trading in liquor despite prohibition in the state.
The seized liquor bottles were valued at about Rs 70 lakh, the statement said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016