A group of Patidar youths disrupted yoga guru Ramdev’s camp in Surat Wednesday after getting inside as participants. The camp at Haridham Party plot in Surat’s Punagam area has been on since Monday. It is believed that the youths reacted to Ramdev’s alleged comment on reservation.
Eyewitnesses said the youths sat in the crowd. Suddenly, they started raising “Jay Sardar, Jay Patidar” slogans.
When Ramdev’s security guards intervened, a clash broke out.
- Twitterati fuming as Baba Ramdev's Patanjali ad calls 'dark complexion' a skin 'ailment'
- Kranti Prakash Jha to play the title role in Swami Ramdev: Ek Sangharsh
- Youth with hardik, not all patidars: Despite Patidar, GST anger, BJP sweeps Surat
- Ajay Devgn introduces the lead star of his TV show based on Swami Ramdev's life
- Gujarat elections: Don’t vote for BJP, NCP or AAP, says Hardik Patel in Surat
- Six Patel outfits hit out at Hardik: Turned Patidar andolan into personal andolan
Reports in local dailies had quoted Ramdev as saying that Patidars should think of the nation first. Ramdev has said he was misrepresented. Police Inspector V A Patel said a complaint has been lodged in the matter.