A group of Patidar youths disrupted yoga guru Ramdev’s camp in Surat Wednesday after getting inside as participants. The camp at Haridham Party plot in Surat’s Punagam area has been on since Monday. It is believed that the youths reacted to Ramdev’s alleged comment on reservation.
Eyewitnesses said the youths sat in the crowd. Suddenly, they started raising “Jay Sardar, Jay Patidar” slogans.
When Ramdev’s security guards intervened, a clash broke out.
- As Modi showers Gujarat with goodies, does BJP have time to pause and listen?
- Patidars disrupt Amit Shah speech before flagging off 'gaurav yatra'
- Cow urine should be acceptable as treatment to Muslims too: Ramdev
- Violence as Patidars clash at BJP yuva morcha event in Surat, two buses torched
- With business and marital ties Patidars look to unite nationally
- Watch video: Dalai Lama tugs Ramdev's beard at World Peace and Harmony Conclave
Reports in local dailies had quoted Ramdev as saying that Patidars should think of the nation first. Ramdev has said he was misrepresented. Police Inspector V A Patel said a complaint has been lodged in the matter.