The NIA on Thursday conducted searches at the residences of Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh, his friend and his cook in connection with its probe into the Pathankot terror attack.
Searches were conducted at Singh’s office and residences in Amritsar and Gurdaspur. The agency also searched the house of his jeweller friend Rajesh Verma, his cook Madan Gopal and a woman friend of his.
- Pathankot probe: Suspended Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh to be quizzed by NIA again
- Pathankot attack: NIA summons witnesses, JIT may question Punjab SP
- Pathankot attack: Pakistan probe team gets visa, SP Salwinder Singh quizzed
- Pathankot attack: No evidence found against Punjab SP Salwinder Singh, says NIA
- Pathankot attack: NIA questions Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh
- Pathankot attack: With SP and his cook, NIA replays ‘abduction’ sequence
The SP has claimed that he, alongwith Verma and Gopal, was waylaid by terrorists near Kolian village in Gurdaspur on December 31. He has further said that the terrorists left him and Gopal behind and forced Verma to drive them to the IAF base, before injuring and throwing him off the vehicle.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sources said the NIA conducted the searches to unearth fresh information, as Salwinder, during the interrogation, has maintained that he was innocent but has been evasive about his suspicious conduct on December 31.
The NIA has been interrogating Salwinder for many days now and has even subjected him to a lie-detector test without any clear indication to his involvement with drug cartels or his role in the infiltration of terrorists. Salwinder is now expected to be subjected to behavioural tests. Sources said he might soon be produced before a team of scientists, comprising a behavioural analyst and psychoanalysts.
Singh is currently posted as Assistant Commandant of 75th Punjab Armed Police. He came under the scanner after he said that the terrorists left him and his cook behind, but took his friend along and later dumped him.
Also, his statement that he was returning from a shrine which he often visited was reportedly found to be inconsistent with the statement of the caretaker of the dargah, Somraj. Somraj had told the NIA that the SP had come to the dargah for the first time on December 31.