The NIA on Thursday conducted searches at the residences of Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh, his friend and his cook in connection with its probe into the Pathankot terror attack.
Searches were conducted at Singh’s office and residences in Amritsar and Gurdaspur. The agency also searched the house of his jeweller friend Rajesh Verma, his cook Madan Gopal and a woman friend of his.
- Pathankot probe: Suspended Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh to be quizzed by NIA again
- Pathankot attack: NIA summons witnesses, JIT may question Punjab SP
- Pathankot attack: Pakistan probe team gets visa, SP Salwinder Singh quizzed
- Pathankot attack: No evidence found against Punjab SP Salwinder Singh, says NIA
- Pathankot attack: NIA questions Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh
- Pathankot attack: With SP and his cook, NIA replays ‘abduction’ sequence
The SP has claimed that he, alongwith Verma and Gopal, was waylaid by terrorists near Kolian village in Gurdaspur on December 31. He has further said that the terrorists left him and Gopal behind and forced Verma to drive them to the IAF base, before injuring and throwing him off the vehicle.
Sources said the NIA conducted the searches to unearth fresh information, as Salwinder, during the interrogation, has maintained that he was innocent but has been evasive about his suspicious conduct on December 31.
The NIA has been interrogating Salwinder for many days now and has even subjected him to a lie-detector test without any clear indication to his involvement with drug cartels or his role in the infiltration of terrorists. Salwinder is now expected to be subjected to behavioural tests. Sources said he might soon be produced before a team of scientists, comprising a behavioural analyst and psychoanalysts.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Singh is currently posted as Assistant Commandant of 75th Punjab Armed Police. He came under the scanner after he said that the terrorists left him and his cook behind, but took his friend along and later dumped him.
Also, his statement that he was returning from a shrine which he often visited was reportedly found to be inconsistent with the statement of the caretaker of the dargah, Somraj. Somraj had told the NIA that the SP had come to the dargah for the first time on December 31.