An unclaimed bag at a railway station here today sparked a security scare, but it was later found that it contained clothes and was mistakenly left behind by a soldier.
After the bag was detected at around 11.30 AM, people were swiftly evacuated from the area and rail traffic was halted on the route in the district where police and agencies have been on high alert following the terror strike at air base early this month.
Bomb disposal and dog squads were summoned to identify the contents of the bag.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Unclaimed bag creates panic in Pathankot, security agencies find no explosives
- Bomb scare on Jalandhar-Pathankot train
- Bomb threat delays Jammu-Delhi Rajdhani Express, no explosive found
- Unclaimed bag outside BJP headquarters in Delhi triggers bomb scare, panic
- Bag creates scare at Abad airport
- Bag near railway station contained mortar fuse: police
Pathankot SSP, R K Bakshi said that sleuths found that the bag contained uniform, shoes and other articles of an Army jawan who had left it behind.
“We have established the identity of the jawan,” he said. Punjab police and Government Railway Police officials said that the bag, wrapped in a black cloth, had been left behind by by the army jawan who had alighted at the railway station when the train halted after reaching here from Delhi.
“After the bag was discovered by the Government Railway Police on the train, they immediately informed me saying they had brought it down at the railway station and cleared the area of any people. Soon afterwards, the police and the Army along with the bomb disposal and dog squads reached the spot,”
“We took no chance and immediately halted the rail traffic on the route after the bag was found. The railway station was also got vacated,” he said. Punjab is already on high alert after the January 2 Pathankot air base terror attack in which seven security personnel were killed.
Tight security arrangements had been put in place in view of Republic Day.