With questions being asked on how six terrorists managed to reach Pathankot airbase undetected, Punjab police began probing the “possible role of a smuggler-terrorist nexus” as a facilitator. Police are also studying nine phone calls to Pakistan — the first was an incoming call and the other eight were calls made to Pakistan — from the mobile phone of taxi driver Ikagar Singh whose body was found at a spot before the Katloh bridge over the Ravi.
Senior officers told The Indian Express that the first call was made to Ikagar from Pakistan on New Year’s Eve and, after a gap of about half-an-hour, as many as eight calls were made to Pakistan from his phone.
Sources said police went through phone call details of Ikagar and found that he received a call from Pakistan which was followed by eight calls made to the other side in quick succession.
“Had it been the other way round, that is, if the first call was made from his phone to the other side, we would have thought his phone was used by the terrorists. But his receiving a call had us interested,” sources said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We cannot rule out anything at this juncture. That is why we checked his call details of one year but there was no call made to Pakistan or received by him from there. We are investigating… The story he gave his family about taking someone to a hospital turned out to be untrue… It is too early to say anything but we are looking at every angle,” sources said.
Meanwhile, police have also checked on the claims of Superintendent of Police Salwinder Singh who said he had been abducted by terrorists and dumped.
“It is true that he had gone to the religious place in Narot Jaimal Singh he mentioned. This was verified from the managers there. He narrated the whole story to police several times. We are yet to decide what is to be done next. Everything cannot be disclosed at this juncture as this could affect investigations,” police sources said.