Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah today hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for talking about Yoga at a time when an encounter with terrorists was raging on at Pathankot Air Base.
“Business as usual is all well and good but a speech about Yoga while an encounter rages at an Air Base in #Pathankot seems totally out of sync,” Omar wrote on Twitter. He was referring to the Prime Minister’s address at a Yoga conference in Karnataka.
- Manmohan Singh to PM Narendra Modi: Show more maturity, stop tarnishing every Constitutional office
- Manmohan Singh's statement full text: 'PM Modi must apologise to nation to restore dignity of his office'
- Gujarat elections: Why Pakistan's ex-director general wants Ahmed Patel as CM, asks PM Modi
- Noted considerations that went into our tactical response, says PM in Pathankot
- PM Modi likely to visit Pathankot IAF airbase today
- Pathankot attack: Sixth terrorist neutralised, combing operations to end tomorrow
Omar also criticised the authorities in Punjab for not making emergency evacuation arrangements for injured soldiers at the scene of deadly suicide attack in Pathankot.
“Really? A 24+ hour long operation and we don’t have any critical care ambulances for our brave soldiers?” he said.
He was responding to reports that an injured NSG jawan was rushed to a hospital in a car. Omar also expressed condolences over the death of security force personnel in the Pathankot attack.
“Sorry to hear about the deaths of our brave security force personnel in the #PathankotAttack. Prayers for the deceased & their families. RIP,” he said.