Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah today hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for talking about Yoga at a time when an encounter with terrorists was raging on at Pathankot Air Base.
“Business as usual is all well and good but a speech about Yoga while an encounter rages at an Air Base in #Pathankot seems totally out of sync,” Omar wrote on Twitter. He was referring to the Prime Minister’s address at a Yoga conference in Karnataka.
- Noted considerations that went into our tactical response, says PM in Pathankot
- PM Modi likely to visit Pathankot IAF airbase today
- Security heightened in Pathankot airbase ahead of PM Modi's visit
- Proud of our armed forces for defending us from 'enemies of humanity', PM Modi on Pathankot attack
- Pathankot attack major challenge for PM Modi's Pakistan gambit: Omar Abdullah
- PM Modi's package will not address political issues in J&K: Omar Abdullah
Omar also criticised the authorities in Punjab for not making emergency evacuation arrangements for injured soldiers at the scene of deadly suicide attack in Pathankot.
“Really? A 24+ hour long operation and we don’t have any critical care ambulances for our brave soldiers?” he said.
He was responding to reports that an injured NSG jawan was rushed to a hospital in a car. Omar also expressed condolences over the death of security force personnel in the Pathankot attack.
“Sorry to hear about the deaths of our brave security force personnel in the #PathankotAttack. Prayers for the deceased & their families. RIP,” he said.