Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah today hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for talking about Yoga at a time when an encounter with terrorists was raging on at Pathankot Air Base.
“Business as usual is all well and good but a speech about Yoga while an encounter rages at an Air Base in #Pathankot seems totally out of sync,” Omar wrote on Twitter. He was referring to the Prime Minister’s address at a Yoga conference in Karnataka.
- Noted considerations that went into our tactical response, says PM in Pathankot
- PM Modi likely to visit Pathankot IAF airbase today
- Proud of our armed forces for defending us from 'enemies of humanity', PM Modi on Pathankot attack
- Pathankot attack major challenge for PM Modi's Pakistan gambit: Omar Abdullah
- PM Modi's package will not address political issues in J&K: Omar Abdullah
- Gurdaspur encounter ends, all terrorists killed
Omar also criticised the authorities in Punjab for not making emergency evacuation arrangements for injured soldiers at the scene of deadly suicide attack in Pathankot.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Really? A 24+ hour long operation and we don’t have any critical care ambulances for our brave soldiers?” he said.
He was responding to reports that an injured NSG jawan was rushed to a hospital in a car. Omar also expressed condolences over the death of security force personnel in the Pathankot attack.
“Sorry to hear about the deaths of our brave security force personnel in the #PathankotAttack. Prayers for the deceased & their families. RIP,” he said.