Senior Punjab Police officer Salwinder Singh was on Monday questioned by NIA in connection with the terror strike at Pathankot IAF base as suspicion arose after several contradictions in his statements during his interrogation.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday questioned Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh at its headquarters in New Delhi. He is likely to be questioned on Tuesday as well. Meanwhile, the agency has sent a request to the Interpol to issue Black Corner Notices for help in identifying the bodies of four terrorists killed in the Pathankot terror attack.
An NIA team has also recovered a mobile phone, a pair of binoculars and an AK-47 magazine from the Pathankot airbase.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“Salwinder Singh was called for examination by the NIA today (Monday) and his questioning continued through the entire day. He is likely to be called tomorrow as well, as the NIA is not through with examining him. His cook, Madan Gopal, is also being summoned to NIA headquarters, but the date and time of his examination will be decided later. Since Gopal was also kidnapped by the terrorists, he will be asked to share whatever information he has,” said a spokesperson for the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Pathankot attack: NIA summons witnesses, JIT may question Punjab SP
- Pathankot attack: Pakistan probe team gets visa, SP Salwinder Singh quizzed
- Pathankot attack: No evidence found against Punjab SP Salwinder Singh, says NIA
- Pathankot attack: NIA searches homes of Gurdaspur SP, 3 others
- NIA gets nod for lie-detector test on SP
- Pathankot attack: NIA to put Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh under lie detector test
“Investigation is a laborious process, and one cannot say at this stage whether Salwinder Singh is a witness or a suspect. At this moment, the question of arresting him does not arise,” added the spokesperson.
MHA officials said NIA’s field teams were examining several witnesses in the Pathankot airbase and outside, who were connected to the case and could share information on it. Asked if Singh’s jeweller friend Rajesh Verma, who was also allegedly abducted by the terrorists before his throat was slit, would also be summoned to the NIA headquarters, “That will be decided depending on his medical condition, and if the need arises. NIA teams have questioned Verma and Gopal in Punjab,” NIA said.
About the ongoing probe, the spokesperson added, “A Black Corner Notice is being issued through Interpol tomorrow for identification of four slain terrorists. A ten-member team of the NIA, led by a Deputy Inspector General, is continuing with the search operation in Punjab. An AK-47 magazine, mobile phone and binoculars have been recovered from the encounter sites in the airbase. Search operations will continue.”