Delhi Police have questioned three men, including an Army officer, in connection with the attack on the Pathankot airbase. They have been questioned for over two days, sources said.
The officer, a Major, was detained from his house in south west Delhi’s Delhi Cantonment area, while the other two are his alleged associates, an official involved in their detention told The Indian Express.
Investigators in the Delhi Police’s Special Cell alleged the officer was in touch with former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh’s assassin Jagtar Singh Hawara and frequently met him in Tihar jail. Hawara is in judicial custody. Beant Singh was killed by a suicide bomber in Chandigarh on August 31, 1995, for which Hawara was convicted.
- Probing the Pathankot terror attack: An Indian Express series
- Plot to link attack to Sikh group using Army man: Hawara aide
- Pathankot attack: Armyman, two others let off after questioning
- Pathankot attack: Terrorists entered base Jan 1, cabbie who was killed got call from Pakistan, says official
- Mastermind behind ex-Punjab CM Beant Singh's murder arrested in Bangkok
- The prisoners who still make Chandigarh feel disturbed
Officials said they suspected that the officer may have been in touch with members of the banned Khalistani militant organisation Babbar Khalsa International (BKI). Two of the officer’s associates who are also being questioned do not belong to the Army, sources added. Senior police officers, however, declined to comment on the detention.
Sources said the detained officer met Hawara in Tihar jail more than once.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The officials of the special cell are also trying to establish the detained officer’s alleged links with two BKI militants arrested by the Special Cell and crime branch in 2012. The two were picked up from Punjab’s Ropar and Delhi, soon after 5 kg of RDX was recovered in an Indica parked outside the Ambala Cantonment station.