The special NIA court Monday allowed the agency to conduct a lie-detector test on Punjab Police officer Salwinder Singh in connection with its probe into the Pathankot terror attack.
Sources said NIA told the court of District and Sessions Judge Amar Nath that there were “inconsistencies” in Singh’s statements during questioning and sought permission for the test. The sources added that Singh has given consent for the test. The court, sources said, has directed NIA to conduct the test within three days.
Salwinder, currently posted as Assistant Commandant with the 75th battalion of Punjab Armed Police, was shunted days before the terror strike as SP (headquarters) of Gurdaspur and faces charges of breach of discipline. He has claimed that the terrorists hijacked his car before entering the airbase on the intervening night of December 31 and January 1. He has claimed that he was kidnapped by the terrorists after his visit to the shrine and later let off as they did not know his identity.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016