BJP was using Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel only to target Jawaharlal Nehru, and it did not have any real affection for the ‘Iron Man’, senior Congress leader S Jaipal Reddy said here today. Taking exception to the comments of BJP leaders on Nehru in recent times, Reddy said Nehru and Patel were colleagues in the freedom struggle, and they did not have differences on any issue.
The two stalwarts took decisions after thorough consultation, and were close followers of Mahatma Gandhi and leaders of the Congress party, he said. Referring to comments by some BJP leaders that Patel took the decision on police action for merger of Hyderabad with Indian Union and Kashmir problem would not have arisen had Patel been the Prime Minister, Reddy claimed that Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee also had a role in the then government not initiating police action in Kashmir.
Such a course of action was not followed in Kashmir because the global powers which had veto power in the UN
security council did not support India on the issue, the Congress leader claimed. Alleging that RSS never fought for the country and its leaders such as Balasaheb Deoras never went to jail for the the country, Reddy said Congress had a history of all its leaders fighting for the country and going to jail.
BJP leaders did not have the moral right to criticise Nehru, he said, adding they should study the history before
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest