Addressing a programme on the issue of ‘reservation’ on the occasion of the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister V P Singh, he said, “Nitish Kumar is advocating reservation in private sector but he should implement it in his state first.”
The Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister said his party would launch a movement against the Nitish Kumar government’s decision to “scrap reservation in promotion”.
- Nitish Kumar bats for reservations in job promotions
- Sushil Modi in favour of debate on reservation in private sector
- Cornered Nitish talks up reservation for national attention
- Nitish should initiate action on pvt sector quota: Mayawati
- Lalu Yadav takes jibe at Nitish Kumar over private sector reservation remarks
- Against job reservation in private sector, says Niti Aayog VC Rajiv Kumar
Hitting out at Kumar for his government’s decision to enforce complete prohibition in the state, he alleged spurious liquor are being sold in the state while Nitish is undertaking tours to extend prohibition across the country.
Questioning Lalu Prasad’s claim of being champion of the backwards and the Dalits, Paswan asked, “If Prasad is so concerned about them, then why does he talk about ‘Muslim-Yadav’ combination.”
Terming the Grand Secular Alliance government as a “failure on all fronts”, he reiterated that the government would not last more than two and half years.
Praising former Prime Minister V P Singh, Paswan said, Singh implemented recommendations of Mandal Commission despite being born in an upper-caste family.