BJP on Monday cautioned opposition parties against opposing “national interest” in their quest to target it and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying they must introspect what political gains they are achieving at the cost of the morale of armed forces. Its comments came after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav appeared to be backing Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi over his “dalali” barb at Modi, saying if he has said something he must have given it much thought.
“We have no objection if you oppose BJP or Modi. But if in your quest for opposing Modi, you are crossing the line where you are opposing the interest of the country…. They must introspect what political gains they are achieving by trading off the morale of armed forces,” its National Secretary Sidharth Nath Singh said. Targeting other parties, he said the likes of AAP, Congress, SP and BSP are raising the issue of surgical strikes when armed forces continue to fight Pakistan-sponsored terrorism.
Citing the comments of Pakistan NSA Sartaj Aziz that a breakthrough in ties with India was not possible under Modi, he said it was a language also used by Congress leaders as he referred to remarks of Mani Shankar Aiyar and Salman Khurshid. “Mindsets of Congress and Pakistan seem to be identical as far as Indo-Pak relation is concerned,” Singh alleged.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Backing Gandhi on his “dalali” remarks, Yadav had said today, “It’s not a question of Congress but I have good relation with Rahul Gandhi. If he has said something he must have given it much thought. He must have some information about it.”