Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Sunday ruled out any troop withdrawal from Siachen in the wake of recent avalanche that led to the death of 10 soldiers.
“Though the lives lost are much fewer now thanks to better technological solutions, (it is) absolutely painful, even personally. But, should we withdraw from there? I do not think it is a proper analysis. In this case, there are no loose ends from what I understand. It was an avalanche. Those climbing the Mt Everest calculate everything and yet incidents happen,” said Parrikar here.
Speaking about One Rank One Pension (OROP), he added that the NDA government has fulfilled the promise by giving “15 times more” than the UPA.
- Govt: 41 soldiers killed in Siachen since 2013
- No question of withdrawing troops from Siachen as proposed by Pakistan, says Army
- Siachen: 879 soldier deaths and counting
- Life at the highest battlefield in the world, Siachen is a cold war at its coldest
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar meets Siachen troops on two-day visit
‘Akshay, Kangana not brand ambassadors’
On the ongoing controversy over actors Kangana Ranaut and Akshay Kumar being called the ambassadors for the IFR, Parrikar said that the defence ministry has not signed any contract with the two. “They were invited. They are not ambassadors,” he said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews