Defending the inter-ministerial committee of Information and broadcasting Ministry’s decision for taking NDTV off-air for disclosing ‘strategically sensitive information’, Raksha Mantri Manohar Parrikar said that the move was taken by the ministry as the news channel had flouted guidelines following 2008 Mumbai terror attack. “It’s not a ban, they’ve been asked to put-off the channel temporarily as they had broadcasted live operation – which is against the guidelines issued to the channels following the 2008 terror attack,” Parrikar said.
According to the Defense Minister the broadcast has wider implications as it concerned with the national security and the lives of serving personnel and their families at the Airbase. “During UPA regime, nearly 21 times such guidelines were issues against channels for broadcasting even something like sting-operation, whereas this is the matter if national security,” he said.
A senior official said that the channel had allegedly broadcasted air-assets, residence and ammunition dumps at Pathankot. “The broadcast compromised the strategic assets, it may have been easily picked up by the terrorist-handlers and the lives of our own security personnel may have been compromised,” he said.
Parrikar while distancing himself from the political allegations against the central government over One Rank One Pension (OROP) said that in 95 percent of the cases the armed forces pensioners have been receiving their dues. “In about 96,000 odd cases the documents of the retired personnel are not intact because of wear and tear over the years, in such cases we have asked them to submit supplementary documents such as matriculation certificate or additional affidavit to verify their age or other credentials. Once they submit, they will be awarded their dues as per the scheme,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest