- 'Shame on you,' Sharad Pawar tells PM Modi for remarks against Manmohan
- The strongest Opposition voice in the country: Why 'silent' Manmohan Singh worries the BJP
Taking oblique potshots at the Aam Aadmi Party and its political fray in Goa, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said ‘looters from Delhi’ now had designs to loot Goa and were trying to rile Goans.
“Some Delhiwallahs think that after looting Delhi they can loot Goa too? They see an opportunity. They do not loot, their private secretaries loot. Their private secretaries look after the commissions,” Parrikar said late on Tuesday, referring to the arrest of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s principal secretary Rajendra Kumar.
Speaking at the celebration of Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar’s birthday late on Tuesday, Parrikar said: “They are trying to rile people in Goa. It’s not that those who can rile Goans, are in Goa alone. Many have an eye on the treasures of Goa and therefore Goans need to be careful.”
- MPT coal handling facility was cleared by Congress government, says Manohar Parrikar
- Every one thought AAP's CM candidate was my man: Parrikar
- Goa ruled by BJP, Kerala by rogues, says CM Manohar Parrikar
- Can’t have single solution for all of India: Goa CM Manohar Parrikar
- FIFA U-17 World Cup Trophy unveiled in Goa
- Manohar Parrikar: Looters of Delhi now eyeing Goa
Parrikar, a former chief minister of Goa, said people both in Goa as well as Delhi are upset if he travels to the coastal state.
“The bellies of people living in Goa and Delhi churn if I travel to Goa. It pains some Goans because if I come here (in Goa), then the plans which they are hatching about defeating the BJP could be affected. They worry about that,” Parrikar said.
The AAP leaders and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party have been exchanging fiery comments over the last few weeks, especially with Kejriwal making two trips to Goa, which is headed for polls in early 2014.