A decision on the schedule of the Winter session of Parliament is expected on October 13 amid indications that a month-long session could start in the second week of next month.
The Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, headed by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, is sheduled to meet next Thursday to decide the schedule, sources said.
Generally, the Winter session concludes by December 23, before Christmas. However, it is not clear when the session would conclude this time in view of plans to advance the Budget session by a month.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
As a practice, the Budget session is convened in the third or fourth week of February, and the Union Budget presented on last day of the month.