A Parliamentary panel today let off AAP MP Bhagwant Mann with a light rap by recommending a day’s token suspension from the Lok Sabha after holding him guilty of making a controversial video of the Parliament House complex. The nine-member committee adopted a fresh draft report this morning after differences had erupted yesterday on the “gradation of suspension” for Mann. While some had suggested that he be suspended for a day, some others said the suspension should be for a week. Others were of the view that he be let off without any penalty.
Watch What Else Is Making News
In a report adopted today and submitted to Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, the committee recommended a day’s suspension and said the period since July he has not attended the House on the directions of the Speaker be also included in the punishment. If the recommendation is accepted, the Mann can attend the remaining period of the winter session which ends on December 16 without further missing a single day.
There was unanimity on security aspects recommended by the panel.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Mann was found guilty of filming “critical” areas of Parliament House building.
Mann, AAP MP from Sangrur, had triggered a controversy in July by live-streaming the security arrangements at the Parliament House complex on social media.
After facing flak for his act, the AAP MP had defended his move, saying he was only showing people how Parliament functioned.
He had later appeared before the committee and demanded Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s suspension from the Lok Sabha for “compromising national security” by allowing Pakistan’s spy agency ISI inside the Pathankot airbase after the terror attack. He had also sought that Modi too be summoned by the committee.
He had last week withdrawn his remarks against the Prime Minister and tendered an unconditional apology to the committee.