DAYS AFTER the key accused in the Park Street gangrape case was arrested from Greater Noida in UP, police plan to make him sit face to face with his brother Naser — already convicted in the same case — for questioning.
Last Thursday, after a search of over four years, Kader Khan and his cousin Ali Khan, were arrested by Kolkata Police. “We will make the two brothers, Naser and Kader, sit face to face and interrogate them. The whole incident may be reconstructed again,” said a senior police officer.
What what else is in the news
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Suzette Jordan, a mother of two, was raped on February 6, 2012, by five men who had offered to drop her home from a night club at Kolkata’s Park Street area. Later, three of the five accused – Ruman Khan, Naser Khan and Sumit Bajaj – were arrested while Kader and Ali absconded. Nine months after Suzette died of meningitis, the city sessions court had last December sentenced the three to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
Sources said statements given by Kader with Naser do not match.
“Kader has claimed that he has been framed and was innocent. He is saying that he was drunk on the day of the incident and had not committed the crime… But we have evidence against him,” said an officer.
“Since during interrogation, a lot of discrepancy was found in the statements of Naser and Kader, hence it needs to be cleared,” he added.
However, sources said it would be difficult for the police to interrogate the brothers face to face since it is not possible to take custody of Naser, as he has already been convicted. After Kader’s police custody expires on October 14, the police have to move court seeking nod to question the two together.
If the court permits, the two may either be interrogated in a special room or Kader could be taken to Naser’s jail for questioning. Sources said police want to interrogate of all the five accused — three among them already convicted — together.
Kader, meanwhile, is set to undergo some medical tests so that the same can be matched with samples taken from the car in which Suzette was raped, sources said.