IN a suspected case of ‘honour killing’, the Kanpur Dehat police arrested Satya Narain (48) and his wife Asha (44) for allegedly strangulating their 18-year-old daughter at their house in Gajner police station area on Thursday. The accused were produced before a local court which sent them to judicial custody.
On Thursday morning, body of Aarti was found lying on a bed inside her house located at Naholi village under mysterious circumstances. A few injury marks were also spotted around her neck.
Satya Narain, who works as a farmer, initially told his neighbours that Aarti died due to prolonged illness. Later, one of the neighbours informed the police which rushed to the spot and sent the body for autopsy.
Circle Officer, Kanpur Dehat, Sanjeev Kumar Sinha said the postmortem report stated her death occurred due to strangulation. On the basis of the report, the police registered a case of murder on a complaint filed by the victim’s uncle Girja Shankar.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Aarti, who had studied till Class VIII, used to stay at home.
Station Officer, Gajner police station, Bhim Sen said during investigation the neighbours told them that Aarti had an affair with a local youth and her parents were against it, warning her several times to break her ties with the youth. “Aarti refused to listen to them. After several rounds of questioning, Satya Narain and Asha confessed to the crime. They claimed to have killed Aarti while she was sleeping.” said the SO.