IN a suspected case of ‘honour killing’, the Kanpur Dehat police arrested Satya Narain (48) and his wife Asha (44) for allegedly strangulating their 18-year-old daughter at their house in Gajner police station area on Thursday. The accused were produced before a local court which sent them to judicial custody.
On Thursday morning, body of Aarti was found lying on a bed inside her house located at Naholi village under mysterious circumstances. A few injury marks were also spotted around her neck.
Satya Narain, who works as a farmer, initially told his neighbours that Aarti died due to prolonged illness. Later, one of the neighbours informed the police which rushed to the spot and sent the body for autopsy.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Circle Officer, Kanpur Dehat, Sanjeev Kumar Sinha said the postmortem report stated her death occurred due to strangulation. On the basis of the report, the police registered a case of murder on a complaint filed by the victim’s uncle Girja Shankar.
Aarti, who had studied till Class VIII, used to stay at home.
Station Officer, Gajner police station, Bhim Sen said during investigation the neighbours told them that Aarti had an affair with a local youth and her parents were against it, warning her several times to break her ties with the youth. “Aarti refused to listen to them. After several rounds of questioning, Satya Narain and Asha confessed to the crime. They claimed to have killed Aarti while she was sleeping.” said the SO.