Academicians, politicians and doctors among others have been nominated to the Panjab University Senate. The notification for nomination of 36 members was issued by the Vice-President’s Secretariat on Thursday. The members have been nominated for a term beginning from November 1, 2016, till October 31, 2020.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Among those nominated to the Senate are BJP leaders, including Chandigarh MP Kirron Kher, president of Chandigarh unit Sanjay Tandon and former MP Satya Pal Jain. While Jain has been a member of the Senate earlier as well, both Tandon and Kher have been nominated for the first time. Former Chandigarh MP Pawan Kumar Bansal has again been nominated. A former MP from New Delhi, Tirlochan Singh, too, is among those who have been nominated.
Reacting to her nomination, Kher said, “I will do my best for the university. The areas that I will focus on will become clearer as I go along.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On his appointment, Tandon said that he would be committed to his job and work for the betterment of the university.
There are a total of 90 Senators, out of whom 54 are elected. The elections of various faculties took place recently.
The faculty members of PU who have been nominated include Dr Gurmeet Singh from Department of Hindi, Prof B S Ghuman from Department of Public Administration, Dr Ameer Sultana, head of Centre for Women Studies and Development, Prof Emanual Nahar, Department of Political Science, Dr Manoj Sharma from University Business School and Prof Shelley Walia from Department of English and Cultural Studies. Several Professors Emeritus have found a place in the Senate. These include Dr S K Sharma, Prof Pam Rajput, Dr Amod Gupta, Dr Akhtar Mehmood and Prof D V S Jain.
Dr Baljinder Singh from Department of Nuclear Medicine, PGI, and Dr Suresh Chandra Sharma, head of Department of Otolaryngology at AIIMS have been nominated by the Vice-President. Senior advocate V K Sibal too has been nominated.
The others include retired IAS Dr Amar Singh, retired professor Dr Chaman Lal, principal of Post-graduate Government College for Girls, Sector 11, Dr Anita Kaushal, retired IPS, Gurjot Singh Malhi, who is advisor to CEO of Vistara, former DU V-C Deepak Pental, retired IFS I S Chadha, Justice (retd) Harbans Lal, executive vice-chairman of CRRID Rashpal Malhotra and Dr Pramod Kumar from Institute of Development and Communication.
President of PU Teachers’ Association, president of PU Non-Teaching Employees’ Federation and Dean University Instructions will be the ex-officio members.