Addressing mediapersons in Surat over Panama Papers on Tuesday, Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia said that the “Panama Paper leaks” should be handed over to SC.
- Modi govt covering up corruption highlighted by Panama papers: AAP
- Panama Papers: My family and I have done nothing wrong, says Nawaz Sharif after JIT questioning
- Modi govt anniversary event: Amitabh Bachchan may share govt stage, Congress raises Panama probe
- Panama Papers: Congress seeks Amitabh Bachchan’s ouster as Save Tiger ambassador, MIFC advisor
- Panama Papers: List involves Adani… unlikely Modi government will probe, says AAP
- Indians in #PanamaPapers list: Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh Bachchan, KP Singh, Iqbal Mirchi, Adani elder brother
“We don’t have faith in Modi government for free and fair investigations as they had promised that they will bring back black money to India and now names of many close to the BJP are coming out. The investigations should be carried out by Special Investigations Teams formed by Supreme Court,” Modhwadia said.
He added, “Many industrialists and celebrities on the list are friends of Modi and BJP. Amitabh Bachchan was made the brand ambassador of Gujarat. Bachchan and his family members’ names came out. Other names include Sishir Bhajoria, who is associated with BJP, and another is Anurag Kejriwal who is also close to BJP leaders.”