Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday called Pampore attack, in which several CRPF personnel were killed, an act of frustration and said the government will deal with it strongly.
“If you see in last one month, over 25 terrorists were killed by security personnel. This was an act of frustration by them,” said Parrikar.
- Manohar Parrikar justifies Rafale fighter jet costs: ‘Aircraft smaller part, real cost in equipment’
- Goa govt against coal berth plans at port, says CM Manohar Parrikar
- Indian Army killed 72 militants in Jammu Kashmie this year: official
- Encounters have increased in border areas says Manohar Parrikar
- Centre points to Pakistan's ‘frustration’, Mehbooba says militants giving Islam a bad name
- Pampore attack: Doubt if SOP was followed properly, says Manohar Parrikar
Calling it a very unfortunate incident, Parrikar said, I think SOP wasn’t followed properly. However, will only get to know the exact reason after inquiry.
Parrikar also said he has given free hand to jawans to retaliate if terrorists attack them. “After becoming Defence Minïster, I had told jawans, if terrorists attack you, you don’t need to stop, you have all the freedom to retaliate,” said the minister.
Earlier in the day, Home Minister Rajnath Singh sent a two-member committee to Pampore to look into any lapses in the handling of the terror attack that left eight CRPF personnel dead.