Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday called Pampore attack, in which several CRPF personnel were killed, an act of frustration and said the government will deal with it strongly.
“If you see in last one month, over 25 terrorists were killed by security personnel. This was an act of frustration by them,” said Parrikar.
- Amitabh Bachchan: I'm shooting day and night for Thugs Of Hindostan
- India in talks with countries like Uzbekistan to create uranium reserve
- Sony MHC-V50D speaker review: Buy this to go loud
- Congress MP Rajeev Satav moves bill proposing recording of all Supreme Court proceedings
- Ronaldinho to Neymar: FIFA U-17 World Cup, the springboard for future stars
- Faulty ammunition reason behind M777 gun explosion: Probe
Calling it a very unfortunate incident, Parrikar said, I think SOP wasn’t followed properly. However, will only get to know the exact reason after inquiry.
Parrikar also said he has given free hand to jawans to retaliate if terrorists attack them. “After becoming Defence Minïster, I had told jawans, if terrorists attack you, you don’t need to stop, you have all the freedom to retaliate,” said the minister.
Earlier in the day, Home Minister Rajnath Singh sent a two-member committee to Pampore to look into any lapses in the handling of the terror attack that left eight CRPF personnel dead.