The Maharashtra government has purchased a ‘Distinguished Visitors’ car for the travel of VIPs in Palghar district, which has been recently in news for deaths due to malnutrition. The state government has also placed an order for another such a car for the district.
According to a recent Government Resolution (GR), an amount of Rs 40 lakh was sanctioned for 2016-17 fiscal for the purchase of two seven seater cars, of which one has been procured and order for the second one has been placed with the authorised agency.
The vehicles will be used for VIPs like the Guardian Minister and members of the state council of ministers for their travel in the district, the GR said.
The opposition Congress took a jibe at the government over the purchase of the vehicle, saying it has “misplaced priorities”.
“Hundreds of malnutrition deaths in Palghar have been reported due to lack of funds. But the government splurges lakhs of Rupees on fancy cars,” Maharashtra Congress General Secretary Sanjay Dutt alleged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Recently, Maharashtra Tribal Affairs minister Vishnu Savra, who is also the Guardian minister of Palghar district, had faced the wrath of a tribal woman whose two-year-old son died last month apparently due to malnutrition.
During his visit to the grief-stricken family in Mokhada taluka, villagers claimed that over 600 children had died in the tribal-dominated district due to malnutrition since January last.